Illustrator Homework #2

State of play to me means the mindset of being creative and allowing the creative juices to flow. It means rolling with the punches, accepting mistakes being made and creating something that culminates into the piece it is meant to be. It is being open to letting your surroundings and environment influence what you create. State of Play is where you can create anything that you can imaging. 
    I have a lot of ideas, all the time. They are constantly bouncing around my brain in all different directions, but similar to a DVD logo bouncing across a screen, it is rare that an idea sticks and actually becomes something I can think about. Most of the time though, I get my best ideas at the most inopportune times. In class, at work, at 3AM when I'm trying to sleep, basically every time I don't need to be thinking of them. 
    I have to be in a specific mindset to create, and just like the ideas that I get, it is always when I don't need to be. On the rare occasion when I do want to create things, I will try just about anything. I have done classic painting, spray paint art, woodworking, resin art, digital drawing, film editing, and just about anything in between One of my favorite pieces I've made was a wooden "Snuggly Duckling" sign (from Disney's Tangled) for a Christmas present for my sister. 
    After looking at Paula Scher's work, I found her "Boston" album cover to be my favorite. It is an image I have looked at countless times because my dad and I would listen to their music all the time but I had never actually looked into the album cover artist or anything. Reading about Scher and her work gave me an insight into the type of work she does and How Boston fit into all of it. 

Comments

Popular Posts